Sunday, February 12, 2006

Goodbye Vietnam!

Tonight we are leaving Vietnam. Next stop: Thailand. We had a good stay here in Vietnam. We got ripped off countless times, and the people took our money with huge grins on their faces but we still had an excellent time. Jason and I want to come back here every so often. Sooooo, goodbye Vietnam!


Right before we came here to the internet cafe, Jason and I bought two hammocks for $2.50 each, exchanged one of our Madagascar books for a Thailand travel guide, and went and got some passionfruit sundaes. Here is a picture of Jason enjoying his.

Here is a close up of the sundae.

If you look right below the whipped cream, you will see little black ants in the passionfruit pulp. We took this picture and then Jason noticed sopping ants dragging their bodies out of the jelly like substance just to curl up and die on the glass rim. In some moods this would be entertaining, but tonight we decided it wasn't worth watching and exchanged our sundaes for good ol' soft serve with oreo crumbles. yum.

To our parents, thank you for commenting on our blog. To the rest of you, take take take that's all you know how to do!! Please comment and let us know that the hours we spend are not in vain. :]

We'll see you in Thailand (well, I guess you will see us actually.....)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to wake up to another blog. We enjoy the pictures and the narrative.
Glad you still safe. I'll bet you'll have a wonderful time in Thailand.
(You're missing a nice soft snowfall in MI. I'm not sure what your missing in the Great NW but I'll bet you don't care about either right now.)
God bless you. Love you both.

CëRïSë said...

I'm reading, too! I love your blog and your work is definitely not in vain.

Did you know that I lived in Thailand for a couple of months when I was 3? Needless to say, I don't really remember anything that would serve as a travel tip.

Anonymous said...

Even if no one reads your blogs but me, they are WELL WORTH your time! They keep me from having to take strong drugs because the world still seems REALLY HUGE to me and I cannot envision how far away you really are. Close compared to Mars or Jupiter, I know, but too far for my comfort. So everytime I read a blog I feel close to you guys and it is SO COMFORTING! So thanks for your faithful postings! You are giving your grandchildren several extra years with one of their favorite Gramma's! You are BOTH such excellent writers, that I think I would enjoy reading your posts even if I didn't know you. But as it is, I used to live paycheck to paycheck. Now I live blogpost to blogpost! Happy travels! I hear that Thailand is a WONDERFUL place to visit! I'll be watching for your next post :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! I must admit I am a taker...but you don't have an English lit test, A&P test, and film project due this week. But I know Larissa would retaliate "It doesn't take long to write a comment" So here I am! I'm loving all the pictures and you guys tell great stories. Larissa...I'm going to send you wedding pics right now so you will still be my friend. I love you both! TIF

Anonymous said...

Are you SURE there were no ants in the Oreo crumbs???

Anonymous said...

unfair accusation! i resent being lumped in with the "rest of you". perhaps me and my comments will pack up and move out. we deserve a blogging relationship with bloggers that appreciate us. humph. gross about the ants.

Anonymous said...

Some ants, at least, aren't that bad. Larissa, maybe you remember me telling about when I was a little girl I wondered how an ant would taste, since they smelled kind of funny. So I got a very large glass of water and picked up an ant to taste it. Not nearly as bad as the smell!!
And, yes, Tiff is very busy taking pictures. I see her at church every week doing just that!!
Like Mahi, I live from blog to blog. It is quite reassuring to know that you are still OK! And I guess you need to know that about all of your friends and family, as well.
We love you both!!