Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Out and About!

Yesterday, Jason optimistically went out and booked us a one-day tour for today. About 2 hours after he did so, I was spending quality time hugging the toilet bowl. Jason was very compassionate and kept saying how sorry he was that I was throwing up. Then he went and postponed our tour until tomorrow. Hopefully, neither of us will be feeling under-the-weather tomorrow as this is our last chance to go on a tour. We are leaving on the overnight bus to Bangkok tomorrow right after we get back from the tour. We get to ride elephants, go bamboo rafting and visit a hilltribe village. I think there is a waterfall visit too.

Hopefully we will get some good photo documentation of this outing since we haven't gotten much during our stay in Chaing Mai. I take that back. After Jason vomited the first time and was still hugging the trash can, he told me "Hey, take a picture!" So I guess we have documented what we have really spent our time doing.

Today at about 11am, we were feeling well enough (or should I say desperate enough?) to get out and do something. We had been confined to a stinky hotel room and stinky road long enough. So we went to the mall! It is a beautiful 4 story building with starbucks and Pizza Hut. Not that we ate at either place. Hey, we even saw a sign for Intel on the way to the mall. Mahi, I guess you could get a job here! Anyway, we bought some sunkist oranges (they were the best ever!!), some mentos, some pringles, and some applesauce. Then we went and watched a movie with Harrison Ford, Firewall. Talk about suspenseful! I guess you can tell from our days activities that we are a little homesick! Movies here only cost $2 so we have seen two. We saw Fun with Dick and Jane. That was a much funnier/better movie than I thought it would be. Anyway, enough rambling. We wanted to update you on all the things we aren't doing but also let you know that things will soon change! Promise!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling good enough to get out a little bit. You're starting to make me homesick too. A mall? That would be so awesome. I tried to go shopping yesterday here in Walla Walla and all I did was waste a good hour. I NEEEEEEEEEEEED a mall! Have fun with the elephants! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Man I feel so bad for you two...but I'm glad you are feeling better. You are right Larissa about how there is nothing worse than being in a foreign country and sick. I guess this is where the "in sickness and in health" part comes in.
I'm very jealous that you get to ride Elephants! Have fun! Love TIF

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your both feeling better. since I print all your blogs, I have quite a book started.
That way I can let other people
read them. the resort aays you must
pay a substantial deposit on arrival. wanted to warn you.
Take care Love Grams

Anonymous said...

It was good reading all the blogs I missed while I was away. I've always wanted to go to Kaula Lumpur. The movie Entrapment takes place there. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
There are so many nice things to see in Singapore. We took Paul, Philip and Andrew there when they were very little. There is a huge aquarium there with a moving sidewalk that goes through it. The aquarium is all around you. It was pretty exciting for little boys. For me too. It's just a very beautiful city. It has the reputation of being the cleanest city in the world. I hope you're both feeling much better as you travel. I leave again for a week on Friday. Love you both.

Anonymous said...

The CLEANEST city in the world? Wow! I think you'll be ready for that once you get there! Enjoy!