Sunday, March 05, 2006

Still Mending...

Well Jason is on the mend at least. Less vomiting/more singing. He has eaten a few bananas.
I was just telling him that there is nothing more lonely than being sick by yourself in a foriegn country where no one loves you. At least we have each other! Awwww......
Anyway, we discussed how much we love America and miss our family and friends. As I was closing the door to the hotel room on my way out, I heard him start singing "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." :]
We have been laying in bed all day today, and the poor cleaning lady was beside herself because she couldn't do her job so I accepted some clean towels and a couple water bottles through the crack in our chain locked door.
I am off to find us some food that might be edible to Jason. Thank you for reading.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think - this is your first experience as a married couple being sick together. I think it is something to make note of, that you did it in a foreign country where you didn't know a soul and you were stuck in a little motel room with no television or radio. That is certainly something most of us marrieds have never done together. I think it is an opportunity for an incredible bonding experience! Be sure to take a few pictures so you can share this with your grandchildren. A picture of a sick Jason eating a banana would be priceless!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys feel better.

Anonymous said...

ahh but nothing feels better when you are sick than having your honey baby you a little bit. i think jason is sittin' pretty. and singing is a good sign for sure.

Anonymous said...

I want to hear Jason sing "I'm proud to be an American." I think it should be on the soundtrack for your travelog.
Tried calliing 1 hundred times. Only got lucky once! Hope you're feeling better.

Darius said...

Jason,
My sister found your blog and I hardly recognized you! It's been so long since we went to school together at 3 Sisters. Your trip sounds like an amazing experience. A big congratulation on getting married, that’s awesome. I also got married on Sept. 4th, 2005. Married life has been great. I was wondering if you have any contact info for Angela. I'd like to drop her an email sometime. Best wishes on the rest of you trip and new marriage.
Cheers,
Darius Fleck
flecda@wwc.edu

Robert said...

Phew, I was worried that he had morning sickness.

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was a fun and interesting trip. I can hardly wait for the next blog. Its strawberry festival time here so were very much enjoying them. We can enjoy them for three months.
Your both doing a fabulous job.
Thanks again. Love grams